Saturday, March 09, 2019

Saturday 9: Up On the Roof

Saturday 9: Up on the Roof (1979)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) James Taylor sings that, when the world gets him down, he goes up on the roof to find peace. When you're "feeling tired and beat," what do you do to cheer yourself up?

A. Call a friend or my husband, take a walk, read, or just go to bed.

2) He sings that, at night, the stars put on a show for free. Are you economizing, or sticking to a budget?

A. We have always stuck to a budget and been frugal.

3) In addition to recording this song for his album, Flag, James Taylor surprised the song's composer, and his good friend. Carole King by performing it the night she received her Kennedy Center Honor (see link above). Tell us about a good turn a friend has done for you recently.

A. Being asked to help with the county's 250th anniversary celebration was good for my morale and ego.

4) James Taylor and Carole King have been good friends for decades, but they have never been romantically involved. Do you have platonic friends of the opposite sex?

A. Yes, I do.

5) James was born in the Boston hospital where his father worked as a resident physician. Are there any doctors or nurses in your family?

A. My aunts. One is retired; the other works in a hospital in Texas.

6) When James was young, his family moved to Chapel Hill, NC. James has vivid memories of how beautiful the area was in all four seasons. What's your favorite time of year?

A. Spring and Fall are tied for first place.

7) In 1979, when this recording was popular, ESPN launched. Do you often watch that cable sports channel?

A. No.

8) Also in 1979, the Voyager spacecraft sent photos back to earth that revealed Jupiter's rings. Without looking it up, can you name all the planets in our solar system?

A. Earth, Mars, Venus, Neptune, Uranus, Jupiter, Mercury and poor little down-graded Pluto. (That's not the proper order for them, just how I remembered them.) And then there's that new thing they discovered, Ultima Thule, I think they call it.

9) Random question: Our Saturday 9 Wizards give you a choice -- you can be 20 years old and gorgeous, 30 years old and brilliant, or 40 years old and rich. Which do you choose?

A. 40 years old and rich.


___________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.
  (#275)

11 comments:

  1. Sticking to a budget is hard, but so worth the struggle! Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you're just the right choice for the big celebration. You're a writer with affection for the subject and so much knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think all the "Saturday 9er's" are in favor of bring back Pluto as a planet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still so excited for you about getting to write about your county 250th celebration. How fun it will be.
    I am not happy about Pluto being downgraded. Loved your answers! Have a great weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice to help celebrate the anniversary of the nation! I agreed on the 40 and rich! Have a wonderful Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They can keep Ultima Thule, give me PLUTO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The 40 year olds with money RULE!
    It's so good that you were asked to work on the 250th of your county. *cheers*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have gotten so when I think of rich it encompasses so much more than money... because money is not the riches I seek... But I see has been a very popular response on here. Hope your weekend is scrumptioius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just responding to your comment on my poor Pluto. I really had no idea what all his furor was about. Sort of was all I came up with, but poor little Pluto!

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.