Saturday, February 16, 2019

Saturday 9: Valentine

Saturday 9: Valentine (1993)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

This song was specially chosen for the Saturday 9 closest to Valentine's Day.

1) This is a love song written by Willie Nelson for his young son. Have you sent any Valentines this year to someone you love who isn't a romantic partner?

A. No. I sent Valentine greetings via text to friends and family.

2) Today that little boy, Lukas, is a singer/songwriter who wrote eight of the songs for the 2018 A Star Is Born soundtrack. Have you seen the Bradley Cooper/Lady Gaga big screen romance?

A. No.

3) On Valentine's Day in 1876, Alexander Graham Bell patented the first telephone. Who did you most recently speak to on the phone?

A. My father.

4) Penicillin was also introduced on Valentine's Day (in 1929). When you get a shot, do you look away when the needle touches your skin?

A. Yes.

5) According to legend, a gift of red roses signifies love and romance. When did you last purchase flowers or plants? Did you buy them for yourself, or someone else?

A. I bought some fake flowers for the house some time back.

6) This week's artist, Willie Nelson, can trace his family tree back to the Revolutionary War. Captain John Nelson served with the Minutemen back in 1776. If you could go back in time to witness any great moment in American history, which would you choose?

A. I'd go back to 1770, when my county was formed.

7) Before he became a musical success, Willie was a door-to-door salesman, peddling first Bibles, then vacuum cleaners. INC magazine tells us that the traits of successful salespeople include resilience and good listening skills. Do you think you'd make a good sales person?

A. It would depend on whether or not I believed in what I was selling. I think being a freelancer is a form of being a sales person, and I used to be good at that.

8) In 1993, when this song came out, Saved by the Bell aired its series finale. Crazy Sam likes to tease her brother because he once admitted to her that he has seen all 86 episodes of this teen sitcom. Is there a show that you believe you've seen every episode?

A. Several. I've seen every episode of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Game of Thrones, Downton Abbey, Band of Brothers, Six Feet Under, The Big Bang Theory, Andy Griffith, Star Trek, Xena: Warrior Princess, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Babylon 5, and who knows what else, like Gilligan's Island, MASH, etc.

9) Random question -- We're having milkshakes! What's your favorite flavor?
A. Chocolate.

___________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.

8 comments:

  1. Ah, finally a chocolate shake comrade... oh no! The only show I could associate with was Andy Griffith.. I dont get around much anymore!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great... now I want a chocolate shake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love chocolate shakes! YUM!!
    I forgot about the texts I sent out for Valentine's Day. I don;t always do that, but I did this year. Loved your answers! Have a great weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend was in Mrs. Maisel! I loved that show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was at the movies and saw coming attractions for the big-screen Downton Abbey feature. I got so excited, just to see that wall of bells in the servants' hall. Swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've probably seen most of Andy Griffith also and the Dick Van Dyke show which I used to love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Babylon 5 was just on Comet TV they showed all the episodes every day at noon EST

    ReplyDelete
  8. Netflix and all the other avenues sure make it easy to see all the shows we want these days. I'm not really convinced it's progress.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.