Sunday, January 20, 2019

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. Do you have a passion project? What is it?

A. I must not since I'm not sure what that is.

2. How many languages can you speak?

A. I can speak a wee bit of Spanish along with my native English (American version).

3. What was the last book you read?

A. The Book of Life, by Deborah Harkness

4. Where in the world would you most like to visit?

A. New Zealand.

5. Top 5 fictional characters?

A. Jo from Little Women, Diana Prince aka Wonder Woman, Buffy Summers (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Kinsey Milhone (Sue Grafton's heroine in her alphabet mysteries series), Xena, from Xena: Warrior Princess. I'd put something from Lord of the Rings in there but I thought I'd go with an all female list and let's face it, Tolkien was sexist. Aside from Eowyn, there aren't many women of note in his books.

6. Something you miss from your childhood?

A. I didn't particularly like my childhood.

7. What skill do you wish you had?

A. The ability to travel through time.

8. Tell us an interesting fact.

A. There are more lifeforms living on your skin than there are people on the planet.

9. What was your favourite subject in school?

A. English.

10. Favorite planet?

A. Saturn.

11. Which historical figure fascinates you and why?

A. Mary, Queen of Scots, because she was tough and I bet she was going "nyah nyah" at Queen Elizabeth even as her head was being chopped off.

12. Favorite mythical creature?

A. The Goddess Freyja and her Valkery warriors

13. Do you believe in any conspiracy theories?

A. Which kind of conspiracy theory? The "I think #45 was colluding with Russia" or the "they are holding aliens at Area 51" kind?

14. What is your favourite word?

A. Serendipity

15. Do you have any obsessions right now?

A. I'm obsessed with not getting my taxes done, because apparently I simply don't want to work on the damned things.

16. Do you play any instruments?

A. I play guitar. In the past I have played ukelele, guitalele, dobro, dulcimer, saxophone, flute, piccolo, piano, organ, harpsichord, accordian, harmonica, tamborine, recorder, bass guitar and probably a few others I've forgotten.

17. What’s your worst habit?

A. It's a tie between eating too much and chewing my finger nails.

18. Do you have a collection of anything?

A. I have a collection of Christmas mice and a lot of books.

19. What’s your biggest ‘what if’?

A. What if the apocolypse comes tomorrow and I don't have enough toilet paper?

20. What is your favourite fairy tale?

A. Snow White and Rose Red. Didn't we just have this question?

21. Have you ever dyed your hair? Is there a colour you’d like to dye it?

A. I have never dyed my hair. I had it highlighted a few times but I became allergic to the coloring.  So I don't dye my hair and there is no color I would dye my hair. I have earned the gray.

22. If you could learn one language overnight, which would you choose?

A. French.

23. What’s the most useless thing you know how to do?

A. Procrastinate. I'm a master at it and it's very unproductive.

24. What’s the most important change that should be made to your country’s education system?

A. It would be nice if they taught civics again, and parents should stand behind the teachers, not their kids, when things go awry.
__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in
Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

9 comments:

  1. Love the word Serendipity! The movie wasn’t bad either. Have a nice Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Procrastination....me too. Eowyn was awesome, but you're right, Tolkien was sexist as hell. have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another little girl influenced by Jo March! Yea!

    When I was in junior high, I thought Mary Queen of Scots' was such a romantic saga. Handsome, vain Darnley. Dependable Bothwell. Treachery. Assassination. Her story had it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The skin fact. Thanks for that. Hahahahahaha. I mean, I knew it was gross, but ewwww!!! Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're both serendipity lovers. After I posted my entry I learned that wombats have square poop. That would have made a far more interesting fact. You're so practical. I never would have thought of #19.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, fellow procrastinator. Jo and Kinsey are fictional? Katherine Hepburn's Jo is still my favorite portrayal. She would've done a good job playing Kinsey, too. Yeah, I can imagine Mary flipping off Elizabeth as the axe was swung.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Procrastinate is the perfect answer for #23.. wish I could have thought of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yuk! Your "interesting" fact makes me want to take a bath in bleach...especially since I probably have more life forms than the average person when I get home from the nursing home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking Comet and a scrub brush but bleach is good, too.

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.