Saturday, December 22, 2018

Saturday 9: Happy Holidays!

Saturday 9: Happy Holidays! (from the archives)

1. Sam loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. Yet some children are reluctant to climb into Jolly Old St. Nick's lap. Did you enjoy the tradition or were you shy? Or did you by pass it altogether -- either because you wrote him a letter or because your family didn't celebrate Christmas?

A. I cried when I was little, I think, but I got over it. I am not sure my brother ever felt comfortable with the jolly ol' elf, though.

2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there?

A. I am, as always, on the "holy sh*t, what is she up to now?" list. I stay on said list by being unpredictable, disingenuous, disconcerting, and too smart for my own good.

3. Did you ship any gifts to friends and family this year? If so, which one traveled the farthest?

A. Amazon shipped presents for me to Texas and to England.

4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year?

A. I bought myself a leather pocketbook because I really needed a new one and Wilson's Leather was having a great Black Friday sale. Unfortunately, I don't really like the pocketbook. It's a bit small for my needs and the front pockets are not front pockets, they are actually a wallet, which I don't like because I don't think it is a safe place to put credit cards. Some things are hard to purchase from a photo.

5. What's your favorite holiday-themed movie? Have you seen it yet this year?

A. Apparently these days my favorite-themed holiday movies are the ones where girl (or boy) goes back home, meets old flame, they get together, are torn apart, she decides never to go back to the big city because of love. (Yes, Hallmark movies.) But I do like It's A Wonderful Life and certain versions of A Christmas Carol. I have seen neither of those, however.

6. Thinking of movies, Christmas is lucrative for Hollywood. Have you ever gone to a movie theater on Christmas Day?

A. I don't think the theaters are open here on Christmas Day. But no, I never have.

7. Have you ever suffered an embarrassing moment at the company Christmas party?

A. No, but one year during a "Bad Santa" swap game, instead of the proffered prizes to pick out, I went over to the bar and picked up a bottle of wine and said, "this is what I want." The boss nodded yes, and after that the wine bottle became the coveted prize. I did not win it, of course, but it was quite brazen of me to do that.

8. What's your favorite beverage in cold weather?

A. Hot chocolate, of course.

9. Share a memory from last Christmas.

A. Last Christmas I gave you my heart but the very next day you threw it away. No wait, that's a song. Last year my brother gave me these lovely statues of three Greek goddesses. I was very impressed with them. You can read about them here, at last year's blog entry.

___________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.


9 comments:

  1. Hope your Christmas is wonderful this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your answer to #2 made me laugh!
    I am also a fan of Hallmark movies and hot chocolate. Have a very Merry Christmas! Loved your answers!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. #9--made me chuckle! That song is used in a drinking game, I'll see if I can find the rules and post them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a drinking game---https://www.whamageddon.com/

      Delete
  4. Cool statues. Not what I was expecting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For some reason my computer is showing your site as a malicious threat so I cant take part in this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's weird. You can always go to the Saturday 9 site to get the questions if that's what you're after. No one else has mentioned a problem with the site.

      Delete
  6. Loving your answers today, especially why you are on the holy s**t list! Those darn Hallmark movies suck everyone in sooner or later. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you call it a 'pocketbook'. My mother use to always say that too.
    Have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.