Saturday, October 13, 2018

Saturday 9: Unbreak My Heart

Saturday 9: Unbreak My Heart (1996)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Songs like this are enduringly popular in part because each of us has had our heart broken. Give us the name of a heartbreaker from your own life.

A. Really? I just don't feel like going there. I know a few heartbreakers, though. Boy, my nephews are the most handsome men. I know they've broken a few hearts, all three of them.

Trey

Chris & Emory

Chris

Emory
Aren't they just the cutest guys?

2) Toni Braxton sings that "nights are so unkind." What did you do last night?

A. I stewed because the "professional" tile installers have stalled and stalled and I was so angry I couldn't sleep because I kept thinking of things I wanted to say to them.

3) While this song has Toni singing the blues, in real life her love life is happier. Now aged 50, she's engaged and has been sporting a diamond on her left hand. Do you believe that a bride is ever too old to have a big wedding?

A. I guess not. I never really thought about it. People can do what they want.

4) Growing up, Toni Braxton's parents severely restricted how much TV their children could watch each day. Ironically, today Toni and her sisters participate in a reality TV show on the WE-TV network, so TV cameras are a big part of their daily adult lives. What TV show do you try not to miss?

A. I watch The Big Bang Theory, Supergirl, and Survivor. Oh, and the new Murphy Brown. I like that.

5) She is prone to dry skin and applies Kiehl's Hand Salve to her hands and arms throughout the day. Tell us about a product you're brand loyal to.

A. We only use Heinz ketchup in this house.

6) Toni admits to being "a bit of a germaphobe," and always maintains a supply of hand sanitizer and wipes. What is always on your shopping list?

A. Bread.

7) While she is not shy about her body, and has worn revealing outfits on the red carpet, Toni Braxton refused a 2011 offer from Hugh Hefner and Playboy to pose nude. What's the last thing you said "no" to?

A. I have to think about this one.  Oh, an offer to go back to sort of regularly freelancing for the newspaper. I'm just not well enough to consider it.

8) In 1996, the year this song was popular, Mattel introduced a Star Trek Barbie and Ken set. Have you ever fantasized about space travel?

A. Yes. At the moment I wouldn't mind being thousands of light years from this planet.

9) Random question -- Would you (or did you) invite an ex to your wedding?

A. No. I don't know why, as I have no experience with this question, but I will say no.

_____________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.

9 comments:

  1. Those are three cuties right there!
    Oh...I'm not sure I'd still be thinking about what I'd like to say to the tile installers. I'd probably have shot my mouth off by now.
    There is no ketchup but Heinz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This past Monday, I had a painter JUST NOT SHOW UP for our appointment. He came by, he estimated, we set a date, we emailed and texted ... and then nothing. Why are they like this? It's so frustrating! (Thank God for Yelp and Angie's List. Leaving bad reviews gsve me some small measure of comfort.)

    Without exes, we wouldn't have sad songs, would we?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nephews are very handsome! I have some handsome nephews too! So proud of them.
    I am probably a Heinz Ketchup person only too. That is a good call. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Contractors!
    No wonder why they call them independent contractor, they show up when they want and for how long.
    I had one that started a job and disappear for two years and then got mad when I had someone else do the work. He took off to work down in Texas after the hurricane and when he returned to CT he wanted finish the job he walked off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very handsome nephews!

    I'm a Heinz fan, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS--I love your new header photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are loyal to Heinz too. I'm also enjoying the new Murphy brown and wonder if her script writers have assistance from the writers for Rachel Maddow! How soon before #45 starts tweeting about the show?

    ReplyDelete
  8. your nephews are gorgeous. I am sure they have broken a lot of hearts... even if they didn't mean to. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been wondering about that new Murphy Brown. I'm not sure we get that channel here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.