Thursday, September 20, 2018

Thursday Thirteen #570

1. If anyone had told me 10 years ago that I'd have done a Thursday 13 for 570 consecutive weeks, I would have laughed at them.

2. That's because I considered myself someone who couldn't stay with something long term.

3. But that's a myth that came from . . . somewhere else. Because I am no short-timer.

4. I've been married for 35 years.

5. I wrote for The Fincastle Herald for 30 years.

6. I wrote for The New Castle Record for 10 years.

7. I've written this blog for 12 years.

8. I took 8 years to finish my bachelor's degree at Hollins University, but by gosh, I finished it.

9. I took 18 years to finish my master's degree, but by gosh, I finished it.

10. I've been playing the guitar since I was 12 years old, so . . . 43 years. I should be a virtuoso after all that time but I still just mess around with it. That's because I'm ok with just messing around with it. I never sat out to master the thing.

11. My friendships run in years . . . 35 years, 25 years, 15 years, 10 years for four of my closest friends. Long time.

12. I have used the same kitchen clock for 35 years. That goes for my pots and pans, my kitchen table, and many other things.

13. Given this, I think it is time I stop looking at writing a long piece of work as difficult. My hard copies of my blog take up about 16 inches of book space shelf. I think the new year will find me, finally, working on a long piece of writing.

Let's hope so, anyway.

______________

Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while and this is my 570th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing at how much time we spend with something that we don't see as a long time at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stay long term with the things that fit in my life and drop the rest pretty fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything in my life has been long term, jobs friends, relationships. I think it is because I give the things that are important to me everything I have, I’m all in or not a all. ...Long piece of writing, does that mean book?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.