Wednesday, September 19, 2018

The Work Begins

This was the French door my husband installed in 2010. It has always leaked. It was a cheap Lowes door.

This is the hole that is left when said door is removed.

This is the new door in the process of being installed.
The finished door, except we need to decide if we're going to paint it or stain it a color to match the rest of the
oak wood in the house.
 
Next up was this double window. I have never liked the color of these replacement windows.
My husband insisted on the woodgrain look but I knew when we bought them
it wouldn't look good. But sometimes you pick your battles. It was easier to
live with ugly windows than fight over it. But they leaked so, oh well.

This double window had some wood rot and mold around it. Fortunately all of this came out and was replaced
with new wood.

We also sprayed things down with mold elimination spray that we have here. I use it all the time when I see anything
that looks like mold and it works well.

The window hole without the rotten wood in it.

The window replaced. Doesn't that look better, that off-white inside instead of that brown
interior on the sashes? Yes, it does. Thank you very much.


3 comments:

  1. We are in the midst of a few project and I know what you mean about picking your battles. *sigh* Your new door/window looks great. I hope they work well, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get replacement windows. Was going to do it before winter now I may have to wait a little bit longer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.