Sunday, September 16, 2018

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. Do you ever doubt the existence of others than you?

A. No. And if you answer "yes" to that question, I suggest a psychiatrist and medication.

2. On a scale of 1-5, how afraid of the dark are you?

A. I am not afraid of the dark, generally. So I guess a 1.

3. The person you would never want to meet?

A. It's a cross between our current president or the loud-mouthed father on Orange County Choppers or whatever it is called.

4. What is your favorite word?

A. Interesting.

5. If you were a type of tree, what would you be?

A. Barbara Walters, anyone? I would like to think I'd be a California Redwood, strong, tall, sturdy, living hundreds of years. I suspect I am actually a willow, fat at the bottom, wispy, with branches that easily break.

6. When you looked in the mirror this morning what was the first thing you thought?

A. My eyes look tired.

7. What shirt are you wearing?

A. I still have on my nightgown.

8. What do you label yourself as?

A. A writer.

9. Bright room or dark room?

A. Dark room.

10. What were you doing at midnight last night?

A. Sleeping.

11. Favorite age you’ve been so far?

A. Sometime in my 40s. Most of my 40s were fairly good years. I had work I enjoyed and my health, while always not the best, was not as bad as it is now.

12. Who told you they loved you last?

A. My husband.

13. Your worst enemy?

A. Myself.

14. What is your current desktop picture?

A. It's just blue. I don't like pictures on my desktop, it makes it too busy.

15. Do you like someone?

A. I like a lot of people.

16. The last song you listened to?

A. Barracuda, by Heart

17. You can press a button that will make any one person explode. Who would you blow up?

A. I wouldn't press the button, sorry. I am not into killing people.

18. Who would you really like to just punch in the face?

A. I don't do that, either.

19. If anyone could be your slave for a day, who would it be and what would they have to do?

A. I don't do that, either.

20. What is your best physical attribute? (showing said attribute is optional)

A. I don't know. My skin, I suppose. People often told me I had nice skin when I was younger.

21. If you were the opposite sex for one day, what would you look like and what would you do?

A. I'd look like a guy. I have no idea what I would do. One day is not a long time to adjust to something like that. I know what I wouldn't do: I wouldn't treat women as objects, I wouldn't whistle at them or grab them, or rape them. I would be a gentleman.

22. Do you have a secret talent? If yes, what is it?

A. If I told you, it wouldn't be a secret.

23. What is one unique thing you’re afraid of?

A. I can't think of anything unique.

24. You can only have one kind of sandwich. Every sandwich ingredient known to humankind is at your disposal. What would your sandwich be?

A. I'd have a BLT with chicken salad on the side.

25. You just found $100! How are you going to spend it?

A. You can't buy much with $100 these days. I'd probably spend it on groceries.

26. You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere in the world, but you have to leave immediately. Where are you going to go?

A. New Zealand.

27. An angel appears out of Heaven and offers you a lifetime supply of the alcoholic beverage of your choice. “Be brand-specific” it says.

A. I don't drink alcohol. What kind of angel offers you an addictive drug, anyway?

28. You discover a beautiful island upon which you may build your own society. You make the rules. What is the first rule you put into place?

A. All are equal.
 
29. What is your favorite expletive?

A. F#ck apparently. I say it a lot.

30. Your house is on fire. You have just enough time to run in there and grab ONE inanimate object. Don’t worry, your loved ones and pets have already made it out safely. So what’s the one thing you’re going to save from that blazing inferno?

A. My external hard drive. It has my computer back up on it.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in
Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

6 comments:

  1. Your answer to #1 made me laugh so hard! You always have such great answers, but you are a writer, so not surprised. Loved your answers! Have a great day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, but you strike me as more a redwood than a willow. Your writing must be very strong. :)
    We both have the same worst enemy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely my own worst enemy! And in answer to the last question set a dog tags that hang by my bed that read “ It is what it is.”

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for stopping by! enjoyed your answers, I also have an external drive that has (scanned photos on it)
    nothing like a mighty redwood

    ReplyDelete
  5. Solipsism. I remember from philosophy class that it means the only thing we can be sure of is ourselves, the rest isn't proven. I believe that's what #1 refers to. Of course, I took philosophy so many years ago that it might be completely discredited by now. (Not that anyone took it that seriously back then.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Before you send me off to see a shrink, can you tell me what the heck #1 was even asking???
    I choose to think of willows as graceful and serene.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.