Saturday, September 29, 2018

Saturday 9: So Into You

Saturday 9: So Into You (1977)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

I have always liked this song.


1) The singer says that he noticed the lady in question as soon as she walked into the room. Tell us about someone who made a powerful first impression on you.

A. When I met my friend T., she was in a cow suit. I was doing an article on agriculture initiatives. I looked at her, and we spoke briefly. I walked out of there knowing, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the woman in a cow suit and I would someday be close friends. I don't know what it was - chemistry, maybe? - some sense of old soul recognition? - but I knew. It took two more years before we actually became friends, and we don't spend a lot of physical time together, but we are great friends. I didn't do anything to make it happen. It just did.

2) He sings that he's so into her, he can't think about other, more mundane things. Do you find you get easily distracted from your daily tasks? Or do you enjoy seeing your everyday chores through completion?

A. My mind is always on something else other than what I am doing when I am doing mundane tasks.

3) The band took their name from Georgia's biggest city. Have you ever been to Atlanta?

A. No.

4) The Atlanta Rhythm Section once played the White House. President Carter's son, Chip, was a big fan and invited them to play at his 28th birthday party. How did you celebrate your last birthday?

A. It must not have been very memorable, because I don't remember. I don't have anything special written in my blog about it, either.

5) Studio One, where the band made all their recordings, was torn down and replaced by a parking lot. Can you think of a structure that you missed, after it met with a wrecking ball?

A. We had a corner here at the intersection of Rt. 779 and US 220 that housed what once was an old grocery store. Over the years it became many things - an insurance office, a cigarette store, a kung fu studio, etc. It is gone now, and soon there will be a Sheetz gasoline station there.

6) This song hit #7 on the US pop charts. 7 is the number most often chosen as "a lucky number." How about you? Do you have a lucky number?

A. I do, and it isn't #7.

7) Today the Atlanta Rhythm Section reunites with to play at classic rock concerts. What oldies band would you love to see again?

A. Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles, The Rolling Stones. But only if I could do it in a private showing. I can't handle the crowds.

8) In 1977, the star of NBC's Chico and the Man, Freddie Prinze, took his own life. Is there a celebrity death you found shocking?

A. Robin Williams.

9) Random question: What word do you always misspell?

A. I don't misspell many words (thank you spell check) but I do have to look up the appropriate uses of "lie" and "lay" when I am editing. I should know that by heart but I seem to have a time with it.

_____________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.



6 comments:

  1. Robin Williams wss so sad. It feels especially unfair that someone who brought such joy was in so much pain.

    "When I met my friend, she was in a cow suit." Best sentence of the day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cow suit tops all the other posts today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cow suit story! It really is amazing how you just "hit it off" with some people.
    Robin Williams was sad for me also and a shock. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, Robin Williams was my answer too. There is a tunnel between San Francisco and Marin County that is named for him. I think of him whenever we go through it.

    I don't have much problem with lay and lie, though sometimes I have to put it in a sentence to make sure I have it right. It's one of those grammar things that is nails on a chalkboard for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny how many of us said The Eagles. I always wonder about the udders in those cow suits :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another who'd like to see the Eagles. Maybe there are enough of us to request a show and the crowd would be small enough for you to enjoy it.
    Oh, I didn't think of Robin Williams, but his death did totally stun me. I would never have imagined him to be depressed. He spent his whole life making the world laugh...it's a shame we couldn't take his pain away.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.