Thursday, April 19, 2018

Thursday Thirteen

The wolf that one hears is worse than the orc that one fears. - J.R.R. Tolkien

Things that I fear:

1. Growing old and losing my mind (losing myself).

2. Having a body that doesn't do what it needs to get around.

3. Being a burden to others.

4. Losing my husband.

5. Not fulfilling the prophecy I was born to fulfill (except I don't know the prophecy, so . . . )

6. Not having enough money in my dotage to live decently.

7. Being alone and living under a bridge.

8. Strangers in the night.

9. That I might actually be boring and uninteresting.

10. Being unable to die a good death.

11. Not being true to who I am in my spirit.

12. Snakes

13. Mean people.

______________
Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while and this is my 548th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

Also linking up with the April challenge from Kwizgiver. April 19 done!

6 comments:

  1. hmmm i love blue also getting a wedgewood blue roof put on

    ReplyDelete
  2. That alone thing gets me to. Sometimes I get so annoyed with my family that I wish they weren't around. Then I think of how desolate my life would be without them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sure... like I don't have enough trouble getting to sleep at night as it is. Oh, well, at least I know that I'm not the only fretter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you managed to lock into most of my fears, too...especially #1

    ReplyDelete
  5. For many years I only bought cars where the seats would go down in case I had to live out of my car! I was never even close but I sometimes feel the need to prepare for the worst. I've been accepting more and more that I can be boring and that it's okay. I think I'm getting more crotchety as time goes on and realizing maybe it was always the real me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fears, what an interesting topic. I don’t fear being alone , I’ve been that most of my life. Between being a latch-key kid, no siblings and only a few close friends over the years, I handle alone really well. I would prefer to have some one to share fun times and experiences in life with as I age, because things don’t get easier and having someone there to share with makes things better but If I’m still alone, I will deal as best as possible. I HATE snakes also but don’t fear them. I realize some types are good. Probably my biggest fear is not being able to take care of the people I love. Make things in life better,easier and more fun for them, but I’m not sure that is fear or just me being a caregiver for so long and knowing also that if those around you are taken care of you usually are happier & things are better for you too. Maybe that is selfishness I’m not sure? I guess I agree with the saying “We have nothing to fear, but fear itself”. There are lots of things I don’t like but none I guess I really truly fear.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.