Sunday, April 08, 2018

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1) Do you think you’d be a good writer? What kind of writer would you like to be (fiction, children’s books, magazine, etc.)?

A. I wrote for newspapers for over 30 years. I enjoyed it, though I always thought growing up I'd be another Carolyn Keene.

2) I wish I had enough money to ________.

A. Be sure we'll have a decent retirement.

3) If you had to enter a competition for the "Most Uselessly Unique Talent," what would your talent be?

A. Playing video games.

4) When it might hurt their feelings, how do you feel about telling your friends the truth?

A. It depends on what it is.

5) Peanut or plain?

A. Plain. I presume you're talking about M&Ms.

6) Is there someone you would like to take your place in life for one day? Who and why?

A. Not going to answer this question.

7) What do you think is the ugliest thing or event on Earth?

A. I am not fond of the color orange.

8) What is your least favorite of your personality traits or quirks?

A. I can be angered too easily.

9) I wish I could see ________ because _________.

A. New Zealand  . . . hobbits.

10) Tell us your favorite children's story.

A. You know it takes a long time to tell a story, don't you?
                          
11) What do you keep in the trunk of your car?


A. A laundry basket and a cooler. I use them to keep the groceries from sliding all over the trunk of the car.

12) Describe your perfect, rainy afternoon.

A. It rains.

13) Tell us about your favorite way to get lost in a simple activity — running, chopping vegetables, folding laundry, whatever. What’s it like when you’re in "the zone"?

A. I prefer to listen to music when I'm doing that kind of activity.

14) What parts of nature do you like best?

A. All of it, although I'd prefer to stay away from ticks and spiders and such.

15) What's the kindest act you have ever seen done (either to/by you or another)?

A. I've read about things that are very kind - people who give loads of cash to poor waitresses, or whatever, but I've never seen anything that I consider out-of-the-ordinary kind. I will say when my husband was hurt, my friends were very kind and considerate.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in
Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

7 comments:

  1. It would be nice to know we'd be financially secure in our later years, wouldn't it? Sigh.

    You don't like orange? Uh,oh. I guess you won't be visiting me. LOL My living room and kitchen are painted "pumpkin spice orange" and I LOVE it! Both are trimmed with "roasted garlic" and the living room is balanced with browns, woodtones, and lots of plants. The kitchen is offset by sage green cabinets. Most people think it comes off cozy rather than overpoweringly orange.

    I hope you get to visit your hobbits in New Zealand one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am assuming you know there WAS no Carolyn Keene, right? I've heard New Zealand is beautiful, too. After having been to Australia, I would love to make that comparison--Australia is so...barren.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, of course I know there was no Carolyn Keene. Nancy Drew was written by hacks (or ghostwriters) who gave up all rights to the books. Mildred Benson was one of the main writers but there were many others.

      Delete
  3. You are and have always been a good writer. Maybe you should try a book and tell the story of a girl hobbit from New Zealand that has adventures. I’d read it if you’d write it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's go live with the Hobbits. I an DOWN with this! I promise that, when I paint my room orange, I will keep the door shut. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that would be so cool seeing HOBBITS :) and ORANGE one of our college teams is ORANGE but is our favorite.
    I would support your book if your wrote one

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.