Saturday, April 07, 2018

Saturday 9: Nights on Broadway

Saturday 9: Nights on Broadway (1975)

Hear the song here.

1) It's estimated that there are more than 200 separate streets called "Broadway" in the United States. Does your town have a Broadway?

A. No. I even went to the GIS and looked. We have a Broad Street but no Broadway. However, my husband works with a firefighter's whose nickname is "Broadway."

2) Think of the last time you celebrated well into the night. What street were you on?

A. Main Street at the intersection of Roanoke Street

3) The Bee Gees blame it all on those songs that go straight to the heart. What love song always makes you go, "aw ...?"

A. The theme from Titanic. Yes, the one sung by Celine Dion. "My heart will go on and on . . . "

4) Even though their sound depended on tight harmonies, all three Bee Gees were heavy smokers, which is not good for the throat. What habit do you have that wish you could break?

A. I chew my fingernails.

5) In addition to the three Gibbs who sang this song, there was a fourth brother, Andy, who also had hit records. But did you know the Gibbs' had a sister, Lesley? Your turn: share some trivia that's rattling around in your head.

A. One of Kate Jackson's first acting roles was as a ghost in Dark Shadows (the TV soap opera/serial, not the movie). That was a while before she became a famous female detective in Charlie's Angels.

6) "Nights on Broadway" was recorded in Miami. When you think of Florida, what comes to mind?

A. Hot weather.

7) In 1975, when this song was popular, Sony introduced the Betamax and JVC gave us the VCR. Sam admits she was glad to see VCRs go because she never could program hers. What about you? Do you adapt easily to new technology?

A. Depends on what it is and how badly I want to learn to use it. I seem to have become pretty well adapted to my smartphone now.

8) The Bee Gees' greatest success came two years later, in 1977, with the soundtrack to Saturday Night Fever. Have you ever seen the John Travolta movie?

A. Yes.

9) Random question -- Your mail carrier is very attractive, and flirts with you each day when dropping off the mail. Would you a) ignore it or b) let the carrier know, firmly but politely, that you're not interested or c) complain to your local post office or d) subscribe to more magazines and order more stuff to guarantee that the mail carrier comes every day?

A. I would (e) hope my husband doesn't see him, first of all, because the mail carrier would end up with a bloody nose. But I hope I would do (b) because that seems to me to be the morally responsible thing to do, since I'm a happily married woman.

And for Kwizgiver's April challenge today: I have no tattoos, sorry.


_____________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.



_____________
Linking up with the
April challenge from Kwizgiver. April 7 done!

5 comments:

  1. I am loving the trivia question this week. I thought I knew Dark Shadows, but I don't remember Kate Jackson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does the mentioned firefighter have a tendency to break out into show tunes?
    #4...me, too. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn. I missed the challenge. Will have to check it out although, I am not a tattoo person either.
    I wonder what Kate is up to these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I forgot to answer the love song question... I better go back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about this for trivia... Batman ( Adam West) did an adult movie... Young Lady Chatterely II.(1995) It is amazing what you find on late night cable when you can’t sleep as a teenager. He couldn’t act in that movie either! . As for love song , I have always liked Dan Hill’s “ Sometimes When We Touch” guess I’m old school..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.