Monday, April 30, 2018

Excited? Or Curious?

My brother has set about on a new course on his life. He has ended one chapter and is moving on to another.

My brother

I'm excited for him. I wish him well and much happiness. He does not ask for, nor does he need, my approval (and he doesn't always get it anyhow), but I am hopeful that he will find happiness and peace. We all need a calm life and he certainly could use a lot less drama. He has plenty of that simply from his position as president of my father's company, not to mention all the mess that goes with having a personal life. Stress is a killer, and I do worry about his stress levels.

I'm curious to see what decisions he makes from here. Who will he be? I've always kept an eye on him, watching him grow up, as he is three years younger than I. As my only sibling, he has always had me in the big sister role. I looked out for him so well that I once decked a boy in high school who was picking on him. You didn't mess with my brother when I was around.

Seems like just yesterday I was teaching him to read. Now he's heading into the latter stages of middle age (he's over 50, like me), and I'm watching him walk through many opening doors.

I hope he wins the grand prize.


__________________
Linking up with the April challenge from Kwizgiver. April 30 done! (Prompt: One thing you're excited for.)  Thanks KG, for the month of prompts.

1 comment:

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.