Sunday, February 04, 2018

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. January was National Mentoring Month. Have you ever had a mentor? Been a mentor? How would you rate the experience?

A. The only person I ever mentored was my brother. You'll have to ask him how I did.

2. What current trend makes no sense to you?

A. Fox News.

3. I saw a cartoon on Facebook highlighting a few 'weird' things that make you happy as an adult. The list included writing with a nice pen, having plans cancelled, freshly cleaned sheets, eating the corner brownie, cleaning the dryer lint screen, and sipping coffee in that brief time before anyone else wakes up. Of the 'weird' things listed which one makes you happiest? What is one more 'weird' thing you'd add to the list?

A. Of the listed items, freshly cleaned sheets make me happy. Another weird thing I would add is a pair of brand new socks.

4. What's the last good thing you ate?

A. Chocolate lush, which is a dessert made from a recipe of my grandmother's. It's delish.

5. Describe life in your 20's in one sentence.

A. I married, built a house, and had six surgeries.

6. It's that time of year again...time for Lake Superior University to present a list of words (or phrases) they'd like to see banished (for over-use, mis-use, or genera uselessness) in 2018. This year's top vote getters are -- unpack, dish (as in dish out the latest rumor), pre-owned, onboarding/offboarding, nothingburger, let that sink in, let me ask you this, impactful, Cofefe, drill down, fake news, hot water heater (hot water doesn't need to be heated), and gig economy. Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Is there a word not on the list you'd like to add?

A. Fake news and gig economy get a thumbs up from me. I would add "free enterprise" and "democracy" to that list. We don't live in a democracy anymore. We haven't for a very long time.

7. What's something you need to get rid of in the new year?

A. I could use a new attitude, so I suppose that means I need to rid myself of an old one.

8. Where do you feel stuck?

A. In my efforts to eat healthy.

9. January is National Soup Month. When did you last have a bowl of soup? Was it made from scratch or from a can? Your favorite canned soup? Your favorite soup to make from scratch on a cold winter's day?

A. I had soup about 10 days ago. It was Campbell's Chicken with Rice (HeartSmart). I was sick. That would be my favorite canned soup and I can't recall the last time I made soup from scratch.

10. Tell us one thing you're looking forward to in 2018.

A. I am hoping for a blue tsunami in November.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in
Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

4 comments:

  1. I need a kick (right in the butt) start to my efforts at healthy eating, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the visual of Blue Tsunami!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May your wish for December come true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of a blue Tsunami, that would be so awesome!!! hope your week is filled with many blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.