Saturday, February 03, 2018

Saturday 9: Boat Drinks

Saturday 9: Boat Drinks (1979)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Jimmy Buffett is singing about his bandmates watching hockey in a sports bar. Since it's Super Bowl weekend, our first question is: In cold weather, which sport to you watch most: football, hockey, or basketball?

A. Ice skating. I don't watch any of the three mentioned.

2) Jimmy sings it's just 20ยบ outside. How high will the mercury reach where you are today?

A. We have a forecast high of 39 degrees and a low of 19 degrees, according to Siri.

3) "Boat drinks" are mixed drinks designed to enhance the enjoyment of a boat ride or time on the beach. Popular boat drinks include The Tequila Sunrise, Cuba Libre, and Mimosa. When did you last sip an alcoholic beverage? Was it a boat drink?

A. I don't drink alcohol anymore, but if I remember right from 35 years ago, the last mixed drink I had was called Sex on the Beach. I suppose you could call that a boat drink.

4) Jimmy met his wife, Jane, in Key West at a bar called The Chart Room. Have you ever been to Key West?

A. No. At least, not that I remember.

5) Have you ever met anyone worth knowing at a bar?

A. Not anyone I didn't already know from somewhere else.

6) While Keith Richard and Paul McCartney have made cameo appearances in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, Jimmy Buffet has not. Producers have asked him, but he's always had to decline because of his touring schedule. Have you seen any of the Pirates/Jack Sparrow movies?

A. I think I have seen all but the last one.

7) When Jimmy gave the commencement address at the University of Miami, he showed up in flip-flops. How many pairs of flip-flops do you own?

A. None. I hate flip-flops.

8) Jimmy has his own station on Sirius Radio. Do you subscribe to Sirius?

A. No.

9) Random question: What trend or fad from your youth do you hope never makes a comeback?

A. Big hair.


_____________
I encourage you to visit other participants in
Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.
 

8 comments:

  1. Sex on the Beach was a yummy drink, though I always hated ordering it due to the smart*** comments it usually prompted from the bartender.
    Big hair was bad. However, that was one time my hair fit in and was perfect for the current style. Otherwise, it's been a struggle that involves a lot of gel, mousse, hairspray...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love big hair to come back...I would so rock it!! I so love my Aqua Net back in the day!!! Have a great Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved big hair, except for the smell. It seems that the polymers in my mousse, gel and spray attracted and held every stink from cigarette smoke to bus exhaust. I'd wake up and my pillow would smell like a construction site!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember "Sex on the Beach" gee I think I had one back in the late 70s at a disco.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oye on all the wasted hours that I spend trying to get that big hair thing going on...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I said the hair thing, too! Yuck--my sisters would cloud up the atmosphere with the amount of Aquanet they used!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big hair --= good choice. I which I'd thought of it. My answer of "crinoline" was the only thing I could think of!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your answer to #5 is so perfect. And yes, it seems like a boat drink, that Sex on the Beach.
    Oh yes, big hair. I have so little hair now that it might be welcome, as I could tease the dickens out of it. I have two pictures of myself with it. Two too many.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.