Sunday, January 28, 2018

Sunday Stealing: A Quiz for Grown-Ups

Sunday Stealing

1. What bill do you hate paying the most?

A. It used to be a particular loan on some machinery, but we have paid it off.

2. What do you really want to be doing right now?

A. Reading a book.

3. Why did you choose the shirt you have on now?

A. I have on a black t-shirt because (a) it is comfortable, (b) it goes with my pants, and (c) it was the first thing I saw in the closet.

4. Thoughts on gas prices?


A. They go up, they go down. They do the hokey pokey and turn themselves around.

5. First thought when the alarm goes off in the morning.


A. If I dreamed and am in the middle of it, the dream. Otherwise, a quick check to see how my body is feeling.

6. Last thought you have before you go to sleep?


A. Breathe in, breathe out.

7. Do you miss being a child?


A. Not in the least.

8. What errand/chore do you despise the most?

A. I am not especially fond of cleaning the toilets, but lately I think I'd rather clean the toilets than cook dinner.

9. Up early or sleep in?

A. We are usually up by 6:30 a.m. For us, that is sleeping in.

10. Favorite lunch meat?


A. Ham.

11. What do you get every time at Trader Joe’s?

A. We don't have a Trader Joe's anywhere near me. I have never been in one.

12. Beach or lake?


A. Neither, really, but if I must choose might as well be the beach.

13. Ever crashed your vehicle?


A. Yes.

14. Strangest place you've brushed your teeth?


A. JFK airport in New York City.

15. Somewhere you've never been but want to go?

A. Ireland.

16. At this point in your life would you want to start a new career?


A. Yes.

17. Do you own your own house?

A. Yes.

18. Do you have a go-to person?

A. Yes. Several, actually. Depends on what I need.

19. Are you where you want to be in life?


A. In some ways. Not in others.

20. Growing up, what were your favorite cartoons?


A. I liked Bugs Bunny but I was partial to shows like Land of the Lost, Isis, and H.R. Puffenstuff.

21. What has changed since you were a child?


A. We have computers, cell phones, sneakers with lights in them, cars that drive themselves, and the inmates escaped the asylum and took over the government.

22. Looking back at high school, were they the best years of your life?


A. No.

23. Are there times you still feel like a kid?


A. Not very often, no.

24. Did you have a pager?


A. No.

25. Were you the type of kid you want your kids to hang out with?


A. I was the type of kid I'd want my kid to study with. But I don't have kids so it really doesn't matter.


__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in
Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

7 comments:

  1. We are extremely early risers around here on work days, too, but sleep in a little bit on the weekends. 6:30 makes me feel guilty, like I've wasted half the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh--I LOVED those shows, too. I forgot all about them until I saw your list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like this one. I also liked the shows you mentioned and I also liked watching the old Batman with Adam West but it came on durning the afternoons instead of Saturday morning. The last thing I think at night before sleep is a meditation/prayer . It basically ask for those who need help to receive it and I think of how thankful I am to have certain people/things in my life and how happy I am that they are apart of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol! Oh ya.. the great Ape escape...
    Hope you get to go to Ireland and maybe with Kwizgiver. It would be a blast, and you could tell us all about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i loved the great ape escape< thanks for the memories

      Delete
  5. I love Ireland. I've been there 3 or 4 times. I never think of it as one of my favorite places, but it would be a comfortable place to live, if I can't stand #45 any more and want to flee the country.

    I like your answer to #21.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i would also love ireland (my heritage) lots have changed since we were kids. sometimes I wish we could go back to the days before computers and cell phones

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.