Monday, December 04, 2017

The WallPaper Conundrum.

Sometimes ideas don't pan out.

Here's one.

About 10 - 15 years? - a very long time ago - I thought I would like to brighten the living room. We have dark bookcases by the fireplace. As I age, I seem to want things lighter.

Dark bookcase.

So those many, many years ago, I purchased a roll of wallpaper. My thought was I could tack it (not actually plaster it) against the back of the bookshelves and lighten things up a bit.


This was the wallpaper.

I also liked the wallpaper. It was whimsical enough to suit me but yet not distressingly so.

It had this little moon.

And this little star


And this really cool sun.

And this really cool thing, too.

However, this was a two-person project and I could never find any help, so the wallpaper sat in the corner of my office.

For a good decade. Maybe longer than that.

When we cleaned my office, there was the wallpaper in the corner. I took it into the living room and slid it up a couple of shelves to demonstrate to my husband what I wanted to do with it.


The shelving with the wallpaper behind it.

I left it a few days in hopes that it would grow on my husband.
He did not like it.

I took pictures of the wallpaper (see above) and gingerly sat it beside the trash can, as I could not bring myself to throw it away.

I made him do that.

Good idea? Yes? No?

I guess it doesn't matter anymore.

2 comments:

  1. I would paint the bookcase, front, back sides... all of it, in a light gray or tan or a shade of white. Something neutral. It would lighten, brighten and update the look. Lots of ideas on Pinterest or Houzz.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.