Sunday, December 03, 2017

Sunday Stealing: Books

Sunday Stealing


1. Do you prefer hardcover, paperback, or Kindle . . . and why?

A. I prefer a paperback, because I generally don't keep fiction books (I donate them to the library). For nonfiction, which I usually keep, I prefer hardback. For junk books or things to have to read at the doctor's office, I use my Kindle. Lately I have been trying to use it for most fiction simply to keep down clutter. My bookcases are full. But I still prefer a paperback to the Kindle.

2. If I were to own a book shop I would call it . . .

A. CountryDew's Corner

3. My favorite quote from a book (mention the title) is . . .

A. Not all those who wander are lost. - J. R. R. Tolkien (The Lord of the Rings)

4. The author (alive or dead) I would love to have lunch with would be  . . .

A. William Shakespeare, so I could ask him if he really wrote all of those plays or not, and resolve that little mystery.

5. If I was going to a deserted island and could only bring one book, except for the SAS survival guide, it would be . . .

A. The Lord of the Rings, by J. R. R. Tolkien.

6. I would love someone to invent a bookish gadget that . . .

A. Didn't cost a small fortune.

7. The smell of an old book reminds me of  . . .

A. That time I went to the UVA library to do research and had an asthma attack so severe I thought I was going to have go to the ER.

8. If I could be the lead character in a book (mention the title), it would be . . .

A. Can I just be Wonder Woman from the D. C. comics?

9. The most over-rated book of all time is . . .

A. I don't know about book, but I am not a fan of Barbara Kingsolver, even though everyone in my book club thinks the written word spews from her pen like gold.

10. I hate it when a book . . .

A. Changes from third person to first person (or vice versa) at the very end, and you realize you've been reading from a dead person's point of view the entire time.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in
Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to watch the Wonder Woman movie! It's on my wish list (because my family insists I'm hard to buy for). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, I'd rather have a book than any other format.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you checked out The Fussy Librarian? http://www.thefussylibrarian.com/ Worth checking out. I have downloaded a bunch of books for my Kindle I will probably never read but the price (free) was great and they looked like they might be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so harrowing about the asthma attack! Books are supposed to be our safe zone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #10's response ... brilliant!
    Wonder Woman has me giggling. (Giggling is good!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.