Sunday, December 31, 2017

Sunday Stealing: Hodgepodge

Sunday Stealing: Hodgepodge

1. Where have you found unexpected magic or delight this holiday season?

A. My brother's gift to me was tremendous and unexpected. He gave me a set of figurines of three of the Greek goddesses: Artemis, Athena, and Demeter. He got the idea from an answer to one of these memes, actually. They are lovely little statues and it was a very thoughtful gift.



2. What's your favorite type of holiday gathering? Will you/have you gathered in your favorite way this month?


A. I like to just meet with folks one on more, mostly. Big gatherings are draining. I have met with some of my friends and still have a few to see.

3. Time has named 'The Silence Breakers' (women who came forward with stories of harassment)  'person of the year' for 2017. Would you agree? If not, who do you think deserves the title?

A. I think the recipients of the title was an appropriate one given the current climate and the changes we are seeing.

4. How did you spend your time this year? Are you happy about that? Elaborate.

A. I spent my time doing physical therapy, housework (how do two people go through so many clothes?), some writing, blogging, and reading. I would have preferred more paying work but I did not seek it out because of my health, so I am happy with what I had. Maybe in 2018 I will feel more like working.

5. Bid farewell to 2017 in ten words or less.

A. Goodbye to a year that lacked imagination and character.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

A. To all of my readers, near, far, wherever you are - thank you for taking a break with me and seeing how life goes for one solitary woman in this vast world. I appreciate each of you, even the many I do not know, and I am grateful for your patronage. May 2018 bring you good health, much happiness, and a free spirit. Good tidings to you all.

Note to Bev: I couldn't get my comment to post on your blog.
__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in
Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

6 comments:

  1. The statues are indeed a very thoughtful gift...and a man thought of it! That impresses me. LOL
    Thank you for the lovely sentiment and wishes for a happy new year. I do enjoy stopping by to see your answers each week and I wish you a happy and healthier new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope 2018 brings improved health for you! Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The statues are lovely and a very thoughtful gift! Also, I remember when your brother surprised you with little heirloom mouse ornament. Sweet fella!
    Wishing you a much healthier year than you’ve been having. Yes, 2017, good bye and good riddance! Don’t let the door hit you on the way out!
    #3 was a hot button. You answered it well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that your blog brought those statues to you!

    Here's to a happy (and healthier) 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! I hope this year brings you everything your heart desires and better health to enjoy each and every day with those you love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about the comment problem...your "test message" posted. I haven't heard of anyone else who has had a problem. I"m sorry I missed the comment!

    Happy New year! One of my favorite internet things this year was learning more about you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.