Saturday, December 09, 2017

Saturday 9: My Church

Saturday 9: My Church (2016)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is about a woman who loves singing along with her car radio. Is that something you enjoy?

A. Yes, I enjoy doing that.

2)  The video begins with Maren Morris finishing her cigarette before getting behind the wheel. Do you allow smoking in your car?

A. I do not allow smoking within visual site of me. So no.

3) In this song, Maren admits she's lied. What's the last fib you told?

A. Well, it's Christmas so there is lots of sneaking going on about purchases and such. Little white lies to be revealed on the big day. I try not to tell big lies because it can get complicated, trying to keep the story straight. The truth doesn't require any such transmogrifications.

4) She mentions having her radio on the FM dial. Are you loyal to a single radio station? Or do you spin the dial?

A. I mostly listen to Q99 or Steve FM (both adult top 40) on our stations, but depending on my mood, I might hit NPR.

5) Maren was inspired to write this song while on a long car trip from Nashville to Los Angeles. When do you get your best ideas? (In the shower, behind the wheel, over lunch with friends ...)

A. I'm not sure I have a particular time. The shower is good, but so is that time just before you're fully awake and the dreams are still catchable. Inspiration comes anytime I am open.

6) She performed this song on Saturday Night Live last year. The host that week was John Cenna. Do you follow professional wrestling?

A. I do not. My grandfather was a big fan and he watched it when we were kids. I remember watching it with him sometimes. That was a very long time ago.

7) In 2016, when this song was popular, Alex Rodriguez played his final Major League Baseball game. He has embarked on a second career as a broadcaster. Would you be comfortable on camera?

A. Not unless the camera can make me look thinner.

8) A 2016 study revealed that 43% of Americans own mutual funds, many in their 401(k)s and IRAs. Are you involved in the stock market?

A. We have our retirement accounts in the stock market.

9) Random question: You have something awkward and embarrassing that you simply must tell a pal. You know your friend will not be happy with the news. Would you prefer to deliver it by email, in a phone call, or face to face?

A. I would do it face to face, if it is that bad.

_____________
I encourage you to visit other participants in
Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.

6 comments:

  1. Amen to keeping things simple. If you tell the truth there is nothing to keep straight. Plus, I think liars get to be known as such eventually, no matter how "good" they are at it and who wants to be a liar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use photo editing software to deal with the looking thinner issues..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wrestling is so fake that it is laughable especially if you seen a real wrestling match.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandfather used to watch golf and bowling on TV. I remember he'd tell me to shush as if the golfers could hear us. It took me years to figure out he was kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've done Holidailies for about 10 years now. You sign up before Dec. 1 and then post URL of your blog every day in December. I use it to explore new blogs and find some really good ones, also some not-so-good ones. Obviously publishing daily is no big commitment for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wouldn't a "slimming camera" be a lovely invention?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.