Saturday, December 23, 2017

Saturday 9: Happy Holidays

Saturday 9: Happy Holidays! (from the archives) 

1. Sam [meme author] loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. Yet some children are reluctant to climb into Jolly Old St. Nick's lap. Did you enjoy the tradition or were you shy? Or did you by pass it altogether -- either because you wrote him a letter or because your family didn't celebrate Christmas?

A. I think I cried when I was small but I got over it.

2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there?

A. I am on the so-messed-up-who-the-hell-knows list.

3. Did you ship any gifts to friends and family this year? If so, which one traveled the farthest?

A. I suppose my presents to Texas traveled furthest. Well, actually my present to England did, but Amazon sent it so I am not sure that counts.

4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year?

A. I bought a robe on Black Friday but it fell apart in the laundry.

5. What's your favorite holiday-themed movie? Have you seen it yet this year?

A. At the moment it would be some form of A Christmas Carol and no, I haven't seen any versions of it.

6. Thinking of movies, Christmas is lucrative for Hollywood. Have you ever gone to a movie theater on Christmas Day?

A. No. I'm not even sure they are open around here.

7. Have you ever suffered an embarrassing moment at the company Christmas party?

A. No.

8. What's your favorite beverage in cold weather?

A. Hot chocolate. (Bet that surprises absolutely no one.)

9. Share a memory from last Christmas.
A. Somebody placed a cup with ice still in it on my curio cabinet top and I missed the cup when I was cleaning up (it's higher than I), and it left an ugly white ring. I've tried several times to repair it using various pieces of advice from online but while the white ring is not as bright as it was, it is still there. Nothing like having a $$$$ piece of furniture ruined over the holidays.

_____________

I encourage you to visit other participants in
Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.


3 comments:

  1. What a bummer about the curio! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ring on the piece of furniture would get me upset also. I know enough to use a coaster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Charlie Brown would say, 'Arrrrugh!' I would be steamed over the ring on the furniture. My kids always laugh at me for being anal about taking care of furniture and antiques. It always made me so mad when they'd do something to a family heirloom by just being careless. I would rant at them about (for example) the table being over 100 years old and having been used by x number of generations without any damage and then my kids happened. Now that she has her own place and family, my daughter gets it. My son....well, I'm afraid he's hopeless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.