Monday, November 27, 2017

Before and After

After I became ill in 2013, my efforts at keeping my office clean, which were already somewhat out of hand, took a turn for the worse.

So much so that the place was really bugging me, and has been for almost two years.

Finally, I asked my husband to help me pitch some things out of here. That was my 34th anniversary present.

We tossed over 450 pounds of crap out of this room. And that doesn't include filing cabinets and drawers, but we will get to those another day.

Here are some before and after shots:

Before. Note that the curtains do not match.
 
The closet, which could not be closed.
A close-up of my desk area.
 
There is a printer under there, somewhere.
A corner.
Bookshelves.

So that was before.  Now?

Cleaned up with matching curtains.

Corner is clearer.


Closet is much straighter and emptier.

And it closes!

No junk in this corner!

Everything is much neater. It is now a place where I can resettle. Before it was still a news reporter's office - but I am no longer a news reporter. Now it is just an office.

Hopefully I can figure out what I want to be when I grow up, and turn this into a different sort of office. Maybe an author's office. Or maybe an adjunct professor's office. Or maybe it will just stay an office, my place to go to be online and hide out from the world. I don't know.

Time will tell. In the meantime, I need to change a few items on the walls. But I must find the right things to put up.

Becoming someone new takes time.

2 comments:

  1. Your "before" looks a lot like my "after." LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did an amazing job in this. Congrats!! I think organizing your Sssstuff is one step (or several) toward feeling less stress and more calm..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.