Thursday, November 30, 2017

Thursday Thirteen

Things I did this month . . .

1. I threw out over 500 pounds of stuff that had made its way into my office over the last four years (or more).

2. Ordered Thanksgiving from Kroger instead of cooking a meal. (I will not do this again.)

3. Had my mother-in-law over for said meal.

4. Saw my doctor for a change in prescriptions.

5. Returned to using my light box for mood therapy.

6. Put up the Christmas tree.

7. Discovered that we have, once again, lost an artificial Christmas tree. I am not sure how this happens, especially since we have a small house and a designated place for the Christmas tree when we are done with it, but this is twice we've lost the tree. I am pretty sure my husband throws out the new one with the old one, though he denies it.

8. Hit the 10,000 step mark on my Fitbit a couple of times. Happens infrequently due to my health but yay for me when I make it!

9. For the first time (just yesterday!) I went over 45 minutes of "moderate activity" on my Fitbit.

10. I spent an hour with Amazon's help on chat to try to find out why my Alexa on my Kindle Fire HD 8 wakes me up at 7:03 a.m. when I tell her to set the alarm for 6:30 a.m. (Problem not resolved.) She goes off just fine at 6:25 a.m.

11. Discovered I could listen to classical music prior to going to sleep (from Alexa, who is told to turn off the music in 30 minutes), and not have so many nightmares.

12. Created something I'd been wanting to do for a very long time to give away for Christmas (so I can't say what it is!).

13. Bought myself a new robe on Black Friday.

Sounds like a decent month, eh?

_______

Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while and this is my 528th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday.

 

7 comments:

  1. We traveled (to Virginia) this year for Thanksgiving, so there was all that prep and all that travel, and all that feasting, and all that return travel followed by all that unpacking. But we're not hosting the (usually huge) Christmas crowd this year, so I'm already into hibernation mode until well into 2018. Ahhhh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great on the exercise bit.

    I'd never order a traditional meal from a store because my family's traditions are just enough off from mainstream to make a generic tradition not work. But I could see in the future I might settle for a turkey sandwich. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say you've done a terrific month in lots of areas. Congratulations to you!
    Alexa sounds like she does half her job well. lol
    I can understand why you didn't want to do all that kitchen work. Your poor back would be killing you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great month, to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Productive things happening in November! Congratulations on your fitness goals! I prefer a home cooked meal over Kroger, too, but sometimes saving the time and effort is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Light box, Christmas Tree, new robe and a fit bit record. Sounds pretty good to me. I'm grateful to go to a neighborhood farm Thanksgiving and only have to bring a side dish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not a bad month, you were productive. What’s next? Are you planning on setting any New Years Resolutions in place for yourself or your health?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.