Friday, October 20, 2017

Fixed!

You might remember some time ago - well, actually, August of last year - I wrote about my little firefighter statue that ended up broken.

He had a whole in his head and in his helmet after my husband accidentally knocked him from the shelf.

I had the statue made and painted for my husband in our first year of marriage. A friend of mine who lives in Eagle Rock, Dee Dee, crafted and painted him up for me.

He looked like this:



2013

And then he hurt his head:


Ow! I have a headache!
My pal Dreama Kattenbraker, one of our famous local artists, fixed him up for me. Now he looks like this:

Repaired! 2017

No more hole in my head!

She used some kind of dry clay to fix him up, since he is made of ceramic. I don't know all the steps involved or anything. She was not happy because his hat is a little rough, but my husband said firefighter's hats aren't neat and clean anyway, so it just makes him look a bit more authentic.

She also put him on a base so he wouldn't fall over. Before he stood on his own two feet but I suspect with the change in his head he was a bit off balance.

I brought him home the other night and presented him to my husband, who promptly placed him back on the shelf beside the fireplace.

"Maybe our luck will change, now that he is back where he belongs," he said.

I'm just glad I can look up there and see that big ol' smile and that yellow hat again.

Also I am very grateful to my friend for fixing him up for me.

2 comments:

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.