Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Learning to Color

Coloring has become the new meditation practice, I think. I've read many articles about how adults are using it as a stress reliever.

Over the summer I bought a coloring book, planning to use colored pencils on it. Of course, I never picked it up (and at the moment I don't even know where it is, probably in some pile in my office). Then the local paper put out an entire page to color and challenged adults to have at it.

So I did.


I started on this page the day it came out, September 6, and finished it last week. It took a very long time to do in colored pencil. It was also difficult to get bright, brilliant colors with those coloring utensils.

Now I want to find some kind of magic marker that doesn't bleed through to use on my coloring book when I find it. I am not up on my coloring tools, though. Anyone have any ideas?

3 comments:

  1. I have a coworker/friend who does the adult coloring pages that are very intricate. She says it is very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughters use Prisma colored pencils. I think the color is more intense with those. They're pricey but I've purchased them at Michael's with a 40% off coupon. You can print coupons from their website. Also, the adult coloring books use nicer paper than newsprint, so the colors 'take' better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny, I saw a couple articles on this topic in local papers, then Colleen mentioned it in one of her posts, a friend's mom bought an adult coloring book, and now here you are mentioning it. Must be catching on! : D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.