Sunday, November 11, 2007

D&E: Week 1

So, a week after lamenting my lack of weight loss, let's see how I'm doing.

I exercised six of the last seven days. Every morning at 7 a.m. during the weekdays I kept an appointment with Denise Austin and her Lifetime TV exercise show, and I have done the exercises to the best of my ability.

Then the next half hour I have either lifted weights, laid in the floor or on the exercise ball for various exercises, rode the exercise bike, or walked on the treadmill.

I missed Saturday morning. This morning I lifted weights, used the exercise ball, and did 10 minutes on the bike. I need to do more on the bike and with walking.

I made minimal changes to my diet all week. This is where I am hurting. To my credit, most of the things I put in my mouth are healthy so at least I am fat on healthy food. If that makes a difference. It probably doesn't.

My feet are still a bit sore. I saw the podiatrist Wednesday and she urged me to take an anti-inflammatory medicine. She had given me a sample of Celexa which I had refused to take, but I gave in and started it Thursday night. It does seem to help, and so far no stomach upset like I get with ibuprofen.

I also want to note for my own reminder that I have read that the medicine I take for asthma can cause weight gain. I need to ask my doctor about this next time I am in.

Weight loss: 0 ZERO, NADA, NOTHING. (At least I didn't gain anything.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.