Friday, October 05, 2007

A New Food Allergy?

Yesterday, immediately after drinking a smoothie consisting of protein powder, blueberries, kiwi and flax seed, my throat and tongue felt like I had eaten a cactus.

I have eaten all of the foods separately all my life and never experienced such a reaction. The protein powder, which is soy based, is relatively new for me; however, I'm at the bottom of my first can of the stuff. Also, I have been drinking soy milk for years.

Obviously, though, one (or maybe the combination?) of those foods did not sit well with me. The only way to figure out which it might have been is to eat them singularly and see what happens.

My throat is a little better this morning; I took an antihistimine last night night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.