Sunday, August 05, 2007

Movie: Shenandoah

Shenandoah
1965
With Jimmy Stewart

We caught this old movie Friday night. Neither of us had ever seen it. I happened to have managed to be in charge of the remote for a time (this is unusual) and I stopped on it.

It's set not far from where I live, just up the valley. While I don't think it was filmed on location - that landscape certainly looked more Californian than Virginian to me - it was interesting to watch.

Charlie Anderson is a farmer who doesn't want to take sides in the Civil War. Then his youngest son is taken prisoner by a Yankee brigade. The movie really brought home how devastating war is on everyone, even those who want no part of it.

3.75 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.