Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Plantar Fasciitis

Ah, another consequence of (a) getting older and (b) being overweight.

Plantar Fasciitis. This is a problem with the feet. The band that stretches from heel to toe becomes inflamed, making walking painful.

This began for me back in February, when I attempted to pick up my exercise routine to the next level. Today, when I visited my doctor for prescription refills for my allergy medication, I mentioned the problem with my feet. Since we finally today decided to take a vacation in August, I would like to be able to enjoy it.

I figured with my feet hurting, my enjoyment factor would be much lower.

The "cure" is exercise, ice, and anti-inflammatory drugs. I am not keen on the drugs but since my husband won't have a good time if I am not having a good time (that is just the way it happens when you're married), I will do so.

The exercises include doing things like picking up a towel with your toes several times a day. I also should stay off my feet for a few days to give them time to heal. I have not done this and honestly don't know how I will, but I will make an effort not to walk so much for a few days.

Unfortunately, the literature my doctor gave me says this can take up to a year to heal. That is a very long time.

2 comments:

  1. Another one is vertigo. Makes me wonder, are the powers that be trying to keep us from something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I had a very bad case of pf and went to the podiatrist. It took three cortisone shots and doing the exercies, arch supports, and i am all better!!! sometimes i get an ache on a rainy day but not often!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.