Saturday, July 28, 2007

Movie: Little Miss Sunshine

Little Miss Sunshine is a movie about a very dysfunctional family who wants to take their daughter 900 miles away to a beauty contest.

There really is a Little Miss Sunshine contest. I know this because my niece has won the one around here. Several times.

Anyway, this movie won two Oscars in 2006. Which is way better than winning a beauty contest, I bet.

The movie was billed as a comedy but I did not find it funny. I considered it a drama. It was rather engaging and I enjoyed watching Steve Carrell (sp?) in something other than a stupid movie such as 40-year old Virgin. He is a pretty good actor when he isn't sticking something up his nose or whatever.

3 stars

2 comments:

  1. I thought this movie was depressing yet hopeful. Disturbingly, I got a sick laugh out of the dead body scene. Geez. Heheheh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have since learned that it's actually Little Miss Sunburst that my niece is involved with, not Little Miss Sunshine. Oops.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.