Friday, June 01, 2007

Books: Magic Hour by Kristin Hannah

Audiobook
Magic Hour
By Kristin Hannah
2006
Read by Suzanne Toren

A defamed psychiatrist, Julia Cates, is called upon by her sister, Ellie, who was the homecoming queen and is now chief of police, to help with an abandoned child. "Alice," as they come to call the girl, seems to have been raised by wolves.

Cates is suffering from self-esteem problems because she failed to stop a client/patient from committing murder and mayhem. She was put on trial and found innocent but tried in the press. Now she has to save this little girl.

Ellie is pretty self-centered but she's redeemable.

Max is a local doctor who has traumas of his own, but he works with Julia and ultimately falls for her as they try to get the little wolf girl civilized.

There is a happy ending.

I thought I would not like this book at first, but I eventually found myself quite engrossed in the story. I was listless about the romance, but Julia's relationship with "Alice" was worth the time I spent listening to this in the car.

This is the second Hannah book I've read (or listened to); the first was Between Sisters.

3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.