Saturday, May 12, 2007

The Ol' Gray Head


Absolutely none of that white hair you see on the side of my head was visible six weeks ago.

Over the last two months, the white hair has grown steadily. Every morning I wake up fearful that this will be the day I am completely white-headed. And I'm not even 44 years old yet.

First the right side began turning, then the left. My hair stylist is urging me to go for coloring, but I am so chemical sensitive that the last time I colored my hair it made me ill.

So far the white is looking ... interesting. From a distance (and maybe if I squint) it looks like highlighting as opposed to gray.

At least it is coming in almost white and soft.

1 comment:

  1. 44 and just beginning to turn white? Consider yourself lucky! I started going gray by 21, probably due to years of radiation from all the tv screens! I'm mostly white/gray with a smidge of black underneath. I tried the au natural look for about two years a couple of years ago but when I got the Kroger senior citizens discount I decided that was it. Right now I'm blond because you can't see the roots so quick but I've had a hankering to go dark again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.