Thursday, March 29, 2007

Thursday Thirteen


1. Yesterday while I was in the city, I looked up and saw a convertible with the top down.

2. I thought a very large asparagus was driving, as all I saw was what looked to me like a green asparagus spear.

3. Later, on the other side of town, a girl with black hair on top and green hair the rest of the way around her ears appeared in the parking lot at A&N.

4. Her hair looked like feathers, and not asparagus, however.

5. I decided I was seeing things and headed home!

6. Here's a neat video about one of the major problems with today's society. (It's about the news, not asparagus.)

7. The sun is shining, the trees are budding, the world is spinning on its axis. It's time for the asparagus to grow!

8. I don't really like asparagus, but I just learned it acts like a diuretic so I might have to go buy some.

9. I did a story several years ago about a woman with an asparagus farm over in Craig County. It takes years to get asparagus to form a decent and profitable crop.

10. I have absolutely no idea why I am writing about asparagus, except that the asparagus-headed person driving the convertible really caught my attention.

11. My husband doesn't like asparagus at all. I will eat it but he won't, so if I buy some, we all know in who's tummy it will go.

12. I seem to be really desperate for a new video game.

13. I don't want a game about asparagus, though.

4 comments:

  1. That was hysterical!! Here's hoping you can get asparagus off the mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone is longing for green pee (asparagus)
    Happy TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a recipe for asparagus...
    Steam it for just a couple of minutes. In a pan saute some chopped garlic in olive oil, add asparagus, mix with a little salt, pepper and a drop of wine vinegar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made me laugh - cheers!

    I love asparagus... Not sure I'd want it on my head though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.