Friday, February 16, 2007

In the mail

So in the mailbox today is a letter from Appalachian Power trying to explain to me why my rates increased 33 percent.

Blah blah blah. I'd have rather had the postage they spent on this mass mailing.

But here's their excuses: increased cost of coal, construction of pollution equipment (hey, blame the people who want to breath because your power costs more, they are saying, the stupid gits), more tree trimming (mother nature's fault, I guess), and new energy delivery facilities (whatever that is).

The solution - manage your personal budget better. Ha. That isn't exactly what they say but mostly it is what they are implying.

They want to make more profits, is all. Watch the middle class and the American dream depart ... it's leaving us bit by bit, every day. The gas companies will take it, the power companies will take it, the phone companies will take it, health care will take it. Ba-da-ba-boom! Out like a light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.