Saturday, December 30, 2006

Homeownership

For some reason, husband decided today to fix the leak under the sink.

The sink has leaked for years. Really. I just kept dumping a little pan.

But I forgot about it over the holidays and it overflowed and he was reminded that he'd never fixed this.

So today was the day to fix it.

He's been in there since 11 a.m. (it's 2 p.m. now) and he's cussed and fussed and . . . there is still a leak.

Actually, now there are two of them.

He's off to the hardware store for some parts. Whew. But he has all the water turned off so I can't finish the laundry. Or the dishes. Rats.

It's one of the great things about owning a home. You have all of this stuff to fix. You could work on it 24/7 and never be done.

I spent the morning tracking down a source of mildew. I can smell mildew (which apparently is not common, no one else seems able to smell it) and I smelled it this morning. I finally found some mildew around the caulking in a window. I cleaned that up with bleach and then put some bathtub mildew-proof caulking around the window. This window never gets sunlight so I am not surprised it has a little mildew on the caulking. I will have to keep an eye on it, though.

My throat was sore this morning when I woke and I am running a little fever. I think now it might be time for me to take a break and try to rest, since I seem to be catching something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.