Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The Evil Squirrel



I call this my "evil squirrel" picture. This squirrel has black on the places other squirrels have white sometimes. And then I have another squirrel that is piebald, with much white and only a little darker coloring. That one is hard to get a photo of, though.

It's been a quiet day. Husband is at the firehouse. I was at Lowe's before 9 a.m. this morning to purchase materials for the rental house renovation. We have an old home I inherited that we are fixing up. There was a good sale going on for some things we required so I was off to make this big purchase. Husband will have to pick up the materials in his pick up tomorrow.

Then to Wally World, right next door. Here I found Xmas things 50 percent off, so I spent the prerequisite $100 in there. Not just on wrapping paper and cards, but mostly. It certainly seemed to come to $100 much more quickly than I had anticipated, anyway.

Back home to unload. The remainder of the afternoon was pittered away with putting up decorations, cleaning, and tearing the tickets off clothes so I could put them in the wash.

I have been content and peaceful. It is a good day.

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed that you've braved shops already since Christmas! I'm still holed up inside avoiding shoppers after pre-Christmas havoc.

    The squirrel is beautiful. He can't possibly be evil. We also have squirrels here who hide nuts all round the garden (particularly in the lawn which means I spend most of winter stamping turf back into little squirrel holes).

    Anyway - all the best for 2007 and hope you had a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.