Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A Play of Light


I caught this image about midday Sunday. I loved the play of light and thought my Nikon Coolpix 4600 did a decent job.

This morning, I spied a doe in the backyard. She was intent on the acorn tree and paid me no attention. It was just at daybreak, about 6:35 a.m. on a cloud-filled morning. Behind her a shadow caught my eye and I watched as a young buck glided among the trees. He too visited the acorn tree. They were soon joined by two fawns.

The deer is my animal totem. I see deer all the time; they come and visit me. I was even born in the month of the deer, according to First Nations (Native American) legend.

Deer are observant, peaceful, serene. They are also skittish, curious, exceedingly cautious and nervous. I am a deer in human form, it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.