I chase the truth in each line I write,
A lamp held steady in the muddled night.
My pen sorts chaos into something clear,
A voice through static that we all hear.
I shape the story, trim needless noise,
Find quiet facts beneath louder joys.
I stitch the pieces into something true,
A map the reader didn’t know they knew.
And still, creativity slips in to play;
A dragon’s shadow brightens the day.
A puzzle solved, a rhyme takes flight,
A spark that turns the ordinary bright.
My craft is clarity with heart inside it:
A journalist who must rewrite it.
The world, the moment, all that’s in my sight,
Until it finally feels it's shaped just right.
_____
Last month, The Gal did a 30-day gratitude challenge. I've swiped it to do for July. Only I'm going to try to do it in rhyme, just because.
Wonderful. I enjoyed this so much.
ReplyDeleteHi Anita, I enjoyed your poem today.
ReplyDelete