Thursday, May 23, 2024

Thursday Thirteen


I have always kept what I call, "my writer's idea notebook" somewhere close to me. Over the years I have been through - and thrown away - many of these. They're usually phrases, names, lists - anything that catches my fancy.

Here are 13 things out of my current "writer's notebook."

1. A blaze of green fire

2. Phyresong and Lucky at the Hallowed Hearth

3. The Call of the Void

4. My battery is low and it is getting dark.

5. The moonshadows bloom

6. With joy and a growl

7. Knock the bastards off their gilded thrones

8. The lost chord of David

9. I feel so sorry for Jesus.

10. I left chords on the floor.

11. Cave of the unknowable

12. Failing by design

13. Neurotic dragon queen

This is just from the first few pages. Some of it I remember why I wrote it down; some I don't. #4 in particular is rather poignant; it is what the Mars rover Opportunity sent as one of its final messages before it stopped functioning in June 2018. It had been operational for 15 years (initially scheduled to last 90 days). I do love my space stuff.


______________

Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while, and this is my 861st time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

5 comments:

  1. I have those kind of notebooks too. I like to look back on them and find an old thread to pick up on. I also jot stuff on scraps of paper which end up everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some great phrases. Any one of those could be used as a prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh so very wonderful.. i make notes everywhere like this and then wonder how or why i wrote them down in the first place :) i especially love With joy and a growl and I left chords on the floor..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.