Tuesday, May 07, 2024

Reviews & Complaints

Reviews

We started watching Hacks on Max over the weekend. Highly recommended! Jean Smart is terrific. Wish I'd been watching this all along, but it's a good binge in the nights when nothing else is on but Big Bang reruns.

Also saw the first episode of Maryland on PBS. It stars Suranne Jones, Eve Best, and Stockard Channing. Didn't hate it, it's only 3 episodes, will probably watch it all. I first encountered Surrane Jones in Gentleman Jack on HBO. I liked that series. In Maryland, she's a bit of a sobby thing while her sister is quite stoic. I guess I related a bit more to the stoic one. And who doesn't love Stockard Channing when she shows up in something? The plot is the mother, who passes away, has a secret life on the Isle of Man and the sisters are unraveling it.

***

Friday night, we checked out a new restaurant in Daleville. It's a steak and seafood restaurant, and since I'm giving it C- I won't name it. It was expensive ($70 for the two of us), and LOUD. At first it wasn't too bad when we arrived before 5 p.m. but as the place filled up, it grew so noisy in there that I had a headache when we left (which was as quickly as we could). I don't think we will be going back.

***

While I'm "reviewing," I prefer Food Lion to Kroger in Daleville. Food Lion is bright, it has actual people running the checkout lines, and the prices are lower (on some things). Kroger is dark, the shelves are too tall for me to reach many things up high and they are also too close together, and it looks like an outdated warehouse that someone thought would make a grocery store. It used to not look like that, it used to be bright and had flooring (not the cement floor), and the walls weren't painted black. I don't know who thought this make-over (several years old now) was a good idea but I only go in there for my prescriptions now. Brighten that store up, make it more user friendly! Please, I beg you. (Also, the parking is better at Food Lion.)

***

Complaints

Facebook makes me feel stupid just for looking at it, because there is so much stupid on it. There are some things that aren't stupid, but you have to weed out a lot of stupid to find something that isn't. And sometimes I stupidly go and look at the stupid just to see how stupid it is! Doesn't that make me stupid?

***

I would very much like to see adults act like adults. When did that become too much to expect?

***

People who say the climate isn't changing do not raise cattle and need hay to feed them.

***

Why can't I upload only my contacts to the Apple cloud? It wants to upload everything, and I don't want to upload everything. Just the one thing. My contacts. The rest of it doesn't matter. If I lose the notes or the reminders or the pictures, I don't care, but I do need the phone numbers. If I could just upload the contacts I wouldn't have to pay for any extra storage space, the space that comes with the phone would be plenty. But no, it has to tell me every time I think about uploading to the cloud that I need to buy more storage space. I have it all backed up to my computer but it's in iTunes and who knows if that's even accessible to a newer phone. My phone is an iPhone 5(SE). I have had it since 2017. No, it's not worth anything apparently, so I just keep using it. Why not?



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the TV recommendations. I'm not sure what to watch anymore.

    Do you get that iCloud pop up thing on your computer? (I've been having issues with my computer, so it's popped up multiple times in the last week.) I thought there were yes and no toggles for things that were to upload and things that weren't. Did you already try that? (It might not work. I haven't looked at it closely.)

    Why did they remodel all the stores to the cement floors and darker lighting? It's like someone decided that was "the" aesthetic, and all the stores just decided to do it. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a 2010 documentary on Joan Rivers called A Piece of Work. It's available on many of the streaming services. Watch it and you'll see where much of the Hacks team drew their inspiration.

    EVERY store is too tall for me (now 5'1). The other day I had to ask a complete stranger for help at The Dollar Store. He was very nice but I thought, "even here?"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.