Sunday, June 04, 2023

Sunday Stealing


1. What are your plans for June?

A. Have a birthday, get a mammogram, see my doctor, work on the bookkeeping, do some writing.

2. What are your mid-year resolutions or goals?

A. I don't have any. 

3. Are you good at taking care of plants?

A. Yes.

4. What makes you feel nourished?

A. Hugs, phone calls, time alone, and chocolate.

5. Which animals do you see most in your area?

A. Deer, squirrels, turkeys, birds.

6. What books are on your summer reading list?

A. The Princess Bride, which I am reading now, Tarzan of the Apes, and any of the 100s of books on my Kindle. I would like to read a good biography of Eleanor Roosevelt. If anyone has a recommendation, please leave it in the comments.

7. What projects do you want to tackle this summer?

A. I would like to redo my office, but I don't know that I have the umph to do that at the moment.

8. Do you have any weddings, graduations, summer celebrations to attend?

A. Just birthdays in June.

9. Which summer snacks are you excited to enjoy again?

A. Watermelon.

10. How much time do you like to take for vacations?

A. We haven't had a vacation since September 2019. We generally only go away for about 5 days if we go. We have a farm to run and can't be away long.

11. How much has changed since last summer?

A. My husband has a new hip. That was a big change. He's doing great.

12. Name something that would be out of character for you.

A. Running.

13. What do you miss about winter?

A. Nothing.

14. What are your favorite free / cost effective ways to have fun?

A. Take a walk, read a book, play a video game.

15. Who do you trust most to house & pet sit?

A. This is not a service I generally have a need of, although there are folks we trust to help with the cattle should it become necessary. That said, I'd trust my brother or some of my friends with most things.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.


6 comments:

  1. Ha! Running. I should have thought of that one. If you see me running, you'd better start running because something scary is right behind me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are several books about Eleanor Roosevelt listed on Amazon, all of them with almost five star reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eleanor fascinates me. I've been to her house in Val-Kill, about 2 miles from the big house at Hyde Park. Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to know you have a farm. It must be tonnes of work! Glad your husband's hip is good now. Thank you for dropping in to my blog. Best wishes and good vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #5 - no cattle? I have read a couple of good books on Eleanor Roosevelt. I'll see if I can find the titles. She was a fascinating woman.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess with a farm you end up seeing lots of animals all the time. If I go for a walk in the countryside I can add, sheep, cattle, horses, pigs, hens etc. to my list.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.