Thursday, March 23, 2023

Thursday Thirteen #800

Today I am celebrating my 800th edition of Thursday 13. I have gone for 15 years and a few weeks writing a Thursday 13, without missing a week that I am aware of. When we went on vacations, I pre-wrote them and set them to post on Thursdays so I wouldn't miss.

I went back and looked at my long list of 800 Thursday 13s and I picked out the ones that had the most hits. I have written so many that I do not have a favorite. Some had hits of well over 1,000 views, others, not so much.

1. My very first Thursday 13 was on January 25, 2007. I wrote about the word "cold." It did not have many hits at all, but since it was the first one, it gets a place of honor in this list. My blog started in August 2006, so I hadn't been blogging long when I stumbled upon Thursday 13.

2. Several of my highest-rated posts were when the Blog Blast for Peace also hit on Thursday. This one on November 6, 2008, which is really a poem about peace, was among the highest rated.


3. In November 2012, the county had a big to-do about becoming part of the Lewis and Clark trail. My photos of that commemoration, which I posted on November 5, 2012, ranked high in my hit list.



4. A blog about Virginia suffragists also received a lot of notice. I posted it on February 28, 2013, and noted that Virginia did not ratify the 19th amendment (the right of women to vote) until 1952. (Just in case you think that's not something else they can take away. They can. And probably will.)

5. A post about our bathroom renovation and indoor clutter also received a lot of hits. I posted it on August 29, 2013

6. This Thursday 13, posted on January 9, 2014, about local legends, UFOs, ghosts, etc., was also a big hit.

7. Apparently in February 2015, we had a lot of snow, and I and my readers all were wanting to go the beach. A list of beaches also had a lot of hits. I posted this on February 26, 2015.




8. This post on August 4, 2016, about Botetourt County's place in history for tomato canning, was one of the highest-ranked posts in my Thursday 13 list.




9. The Insurrection Edition of Thursday (January 7, 2021) also had a lot of hits. I think a lot of folks were trying to process the events of January 6, 2021.




10. A photo essay about 13 old tractors at the Keystone Tractor Museum in Petersburg, VA, also received a lot of attention when I posted in on July 27, 2017.




11. This Thursday 13 posted on January 21, 2016, about local history and the preservation of historic structures at Greenfield, also struck a nerve with some folks.




12. This list of old songs, posted on June 28, 2012, was popular.

13. And last in the list, we have another photo essay, this time pictures of spring posted on April 8, 2010.


I want to thank Colleen at Looseleaf notes for currently hosting the newthursday13.blogspot.com website. We took over hosting TT after it sort of died out, and I managed it for about 5 years before turning it over to Colleen. I also want to thank my readers, whoever you are, for sticking by me with my lists and memes, assorted photos, and odd thoughts. Writing a blog is an interesting exercise, and I appreciate your time and attention. I hope I have not disappointed you with my opinions, notes, and attempts at music videos from time to time. Thank you for being there!

__________________

Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while, and this is my 800th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

5 comments:

  1. I started blogging around the same time in 2006 too and have 903 Thirteen Thursdays! I don't know how to see them in my stat counter though. I can only see the number of comments which used to be a lot more, as you know. It's been a great record keeper and now I only post about 3 times a week, but always a TT. Look at this news bit that went in my Facebook news round-up this week: “A Republican state senator in Florida has introduced a bill that, if passed, would require bloggers who write about Gov. Ron DeSantis, his Cabinet or state legislators to register with the state...” NBC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed your Thirteen Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy #800. That is an accomplishment and you should be proud. I also like the idea behind this blog. We regular bloggers have such a chronicle of our lives. You were wise to use it as a vehicle to look back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 800? Wow! I have done many, but I'm not sure that many. I started early on with T13 as well. I enjoyed this post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting look back!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.