Wednesday, March 15, 2017

A Little Winter Weather

Yesterday we had a bit of ice/snow/sleet mix, which covered the ground and left ice on the trees. The winds picked up yesterday afternoon and sang to me all night long, sounding a bit like a mountain lion with its tail caught in a trap as the gusts rounded the corners of the house.

This morning when I rose around 7:30 a.m. it was 12 degrees outside with a wind chill of about -5 or thereabouts, depending on how one measures such things.

Coming after a February that was delightfully too warm, this has been an adjustment. I hope the fruit trees/grape vines and other food sources survive.

I shot these photos early yesterday morning with that little Nikon Coolpix 3200S, which I paid $60 for during a Black Friday deal a few years ago. It has been the best $60 I think I ever spent. To be such a throw-away camera I have taken some very decent photos with it.


Snow/ice/sleet on the ground.

A little ice on the trees.


Will the blooms on my forsythia return, I wonder?

3 comments:

  1. Stay warm! We received the cold temps here in KY, but no snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.