I thought I'd look back at 2013 today. While it was not the best of years, it could have been worse. Here are some things that happened.
|Part of the farm|
|My special Santa.|
3. My journaling class in the spring went very well, and my creative writing class that I taught over the summer showed promise.
4. My writing with The Fincastle Herald, while not increasing as I had hoped, was steady up until I became too ill to work. Hopefully I can get back to that in the new year.
5. I had one article published in a magazine, Roanoke Business.
6. I read or listened to 30 books. This count is down from previous years, as I generally read about 50, or one a week. However, in my defense a lot of these books were nonfiction and/or very long. Also, I have discovered that I don't read as fast when I am on pain medication as I do when I am not. I've also had trouble with my vision.
7. I did not have to have a root canal and I changed dentists, something I should have done years ago. My new dentist is watching the sensitive tooth and she will try first a new filling and then a cap before going to the extreme of a root canal. My old dentist went straight for the root canal, which is why he is now my old dentist.
|My walk-in shower has already|
proved helpful during my
recent health concerns.
9. I turned 50 years old. I still can't believe I an antique. Most likely, my life is more than half over.
10. My husband and I celebrated 30 years of marriage.
11. My gallbladder went kaput, requiring removal, and consequently setting off a chain of health issues that apparently will follow me into 2014, unless a miracle happens in the next six days.
12. I had lunch with my old math teacher from high school, and then finished out the day with a visit with one of my favorite college professors, time spent with wonderful women that left me feeling fine and wonderful for several weeks.
13. We purchased a new bull to service the cows. I haven't been out to photograph him yet.
Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here. I've been playing for a while and this is my 325th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday.