Wednesday, December 18, 2013

I Won Something

On Saturday, December 7, my husband and I went shopping. We stuck to local small businesses. Many were having open house events, with refreshments and door prizes.

Cackleberry Ridge in Troutville was one of the businesses with door prizes. The store is a gift shop full of statues, Boyds Bears, Amish furniture, garden flags, and other decorative items.

Imagine my surprise when I received a phone call the following Monday and learned I had won the door prize. I had registered but didn't even know what the prize was.

Turned out it was a very nice prize, indeed!



I received a Jim Shore Santa, called "Here We Come iCaroling." He is a beautiful Santa, very handsome and colorful.

Thank you, Cackleberry's, for my wonderful prize! Shop local when you can, it supports your friends and neighbors.


(I am sorry they don't have a website I can send you to so you can see the store for yourself, dear reader.)


4 comments:

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.