Thursday, May 16, 2024

Thurday Thirteen

Things that scream "1970s" -

1. Pet rocks

2. School House Rock

3. Bean bag chairs

4. Avocado-colored appliances

5. Hi Fi Stereos

6. Tupperware

7. Wood paneling

8. Lava lamps

9. Mood rings

10. Terrariums

11. Shag carpet

12. Psychedelic posters

13. 8 track tapes

Do you still have any of these items or remember them? I can still quote some School House Rock jingles - "Conjunction junction, what's your function? Hookin' up words and phrases and clauses. Conjunction junction, how's that function? I got and, but, and or to get most of my job done."

At one point I had all of these, except the avocado-colored appliances. I don't recall my parents having those, and by the time I was in my own home that was no longer a thing.

We have a small piece of accent wood paneling in my kitchen. It's hidden under the bar part of the kitchen counter.

My bean bag chair developed a hole, and my husband hauled it to the dump at some point.


______________

Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while, and this is my 860th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.


3 comments:

  1. I hanker for a hunk of, a slab or slice or chunk of, I hanker for a hunk of cheese!!! Yahooo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother hated avocado-colored anything. Our appliances were yellow. (She was not fond of the yellow, but that was better than green.) My brother claimed the lava lamp that my grandparents had. I'm pretty sure he still has it. Last time I saw it, it worked. I had shag carpeting in my bedroom. Until my mother recarpeted the whole house. It was green. I wasn't sad to lose it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I have none of these now. I regret not keeping my vinyl albums!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.