Monday, March 04, 2024

Watching the Eagles

The media has picked up on something I've been watching for a while now - a live feed trained on an eagle's nest in California.

You can see the live feed here.

If you're on Facebook, I suggest following their page, which is here. The volunteers who run this nonprofit do really great write-ups on what the eagle pair are doing while they are working to hatch a trio of eggs.

They have named the eagles Jackie and Shadow. Jackie, the female, is the larger of the two. It is hard to tell them apart at first, but it gets easier the more one watches.

It is amazing to watch these two birds interact with one another. When Jackie calls out for a little relief from sitting on the eggs, she lets out a little screech, and in just a moment Shadow is there. She gets up and Shadow rolls the eggs and settles in. Not every bird pair has both male and female set on the nest, but eagles do.

I did not know this until I started with this feed.

If you want to learn a little more about nature and wildlife, this is a great place to start. Very interesting and entertaining.

2 comments:

  1. I'm absolutely fascinated by eagle cams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love being able to watch the eagles. I also enjoy an African cam where you can watch a water hole. It is truly amazing to see how animals live and work with one another.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.