Sunday, March 31, 2024

Sunday Stealing




1. Do you believe in the unknown and Mystics?

A. I believe there are unknowns in the world. I am not sure what the question means by "Mystics."

2. How do you tell time? Do you use a watch or your phone and why?

A. I use a watch and a clock on the wall, because I always have. I sometimes ask Alexa. I very seldom use my phone for the time.

3. How do you stay cool in the summer?

A. With air conditioning from a heat pump.

4. Egg yolk or white?

A. Both.

5. What is your current on-repeat song?

A. I don't have one, but I woke up with Froggy Went A-Courtin' as an earworm this morning. Does that count?

6. What is your favorite sound in the world?

A. The E string on a guitar.

7. What's the must-have-items in your bag?

A. My asthma inhaler, credit cards, and a brush.

8. When you're dressing up, which one you put on first: pants or tops?

A. Tops.

9. What is the one thing you wish you could take back?

A. I am stuck with a 2014 Camry. It's not a bad car but I don't love it. We had to buy one in a hurry because the old one crapped out. The 2014 car only has 62K miles on it, so it's not going anywhere. I wish we could have taken our time and found a car I liked better.

10. What is your pet peeve?

A. At the moment, it's the lack of capital letters at the beginning of the sentences in this meme, which I am having to fix. Otherwise, I am awfully tired of really stupid people, because there seems to be a lot of them around these days.

11. Have you ever been ashamed after buying something frivolous? What?

A. I don't buy frivolous things. We have purchase rules in our house.

12. What dessert would you eat even if you were beyond full?

A. I don't know. The meringue off a pie, maybe.

13. Sweet or spicy?

A. Sweet.

14. Which website do you visit most often?

A. My google email.

15. Which countries/states have you visited and which one did you like the most?

A. I have been to Spain and France. The states I have visited include North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, a bunch of the states in between Virginia and California, including Kansas and Illinois, and Wyoming. I would love to go back to Paris, but I would also like to see the Grand Canyon again as an adult.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

6 comments:

  1. I used to be much more of a purist - some called me a grammar Nazi, which I would dispute - over certain punctuation, capitalization, and spelling, especially its/it's. I have largely surrendered in non-academic docs such as blogs. Two generations of people write on their phones and not only do they not capitalize, but they initialize everything, IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry about the capitalization. I don't generally edit entries when I copy them. I guess maybe I should. I do always change "is" to "are" in Saturday 9, tho.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enquiring minds want to know . . .about your purchasing rules? If that is too nosy of a question, I won't be offended if you don't answer. I'm married to a CPA and when we were younger, we had a few more unspoken rules. I probably wouldn't buy anything that cost over a $1000 without telling him about it before hand. He would love for us to live on a strict budget, but I've never been very good with that :-). I am very thankful for his ability to save. It used to make me so mad when we were younger, but it was very wise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I don't mind. Our rules are we don't purchase anything that costs more than $100 without discussing it with one another first, and if something isn't on sale or the sale isn't ending right away, the other rule is to wait a day before purchasing. We also have a general rule about not purchasing "sitty around stuff," aka knick-knacks (books excluded), so mainly all we buy is food and clothing, anymore.

      Delete
  4. Not being a car person, I'm curious: what would you look for in a new car next time around?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It rarely gets hot enough in the UK for air-con in the home. Ah - the grammar thing is also a bit of a peeve of mine. Also the use of American spellings but I can tolerate that because the questions mostly come from American websites. Perhaps Bev should steal a few UK ones (if there are any). I flew over the Grand Canyon in a helicopter and also in a plane on the way home from California.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.