Thursday, January 25, 2024

Where'd This Come From?

I have not been out of my house since January 10, yet somehow, I have ended up with a sore throat. It appears to be some kind of mild virus. I tested negative for Covid, but I don't know if the tests pick up the new versions of Covid.

My friends report other folks are having sore throats and I know strep is going around, but this does not appear to be strep. It's just a sore throat with a little sinus activity and some fatigue. I sound terrible, too, as I have a bit of laryngitis, but I generally get that with a cold.

I suspect my husband brought this home to me even though he hasn't been ill. Otherwise it hopped on me from the groceries he picked up.

The reasons I have been home have more to do with the weather than anything. We had ice, then snow, and I didn't go out because my car is not all-wheel drive. It's front wheel drive and our driveway turns icy in bad weather. I can get out, but getting back home is not always a foregone conclusion. The weather turned extremely cold, so the ice on the driveway didn't go away for a long time.

During this time, I finished up most of the tax records - I still have a little to do, but I haven't been in a hurry to finish them because I still need things from the banks and my husband's retirement information. Then I developed this sore throat and I've been trying to take care of that. This is the first bout of illness I've had in quite some time - since the beginning of the pandemic, really. I had other health concerns (another ulcer, for one thing), but my sinus and sore throat issues mostly vanished. I'm not surprised something finally caught up with me, but it would have been nice to have kept up my healthy streak.

I do not feel so bad that I have gone back to bed, but I have had trouble applying myself to things. But then, I think I have that problem regardless of the state of my health. Chronic procrastination seems to be one of my issues.

I don't think they have drugs for that.


 

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I'll be praying for you because that is how I started out last week and I am still off work. They can tell me what it isn't, but not what it is. It has kicked my behind.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.