Sunday, January 14, 2024

Sunday Stealing


Sunday Stealing

1. What is your favorite part of the day?

A. I like sunrise and sunset for taking photos. I like bedtime when I am tired. I like the hours between 10 and 2 when I have a project to work on.

2. What is something you know a lot about?

A. I know how to write an article. I know how to manage household finances. I know how to stay married for 40 years. 

3. Name an important person in your life.

A. My husband, of course. 

4. What is your favorite recipe?

A. I don't really have one, but it might be the recipe I use for meatloaf. It has no tomato in it.

5. Write about an event that turned out differently than planned.

A. My college graduation in 1993 did not go as I expected. Lots of people came to see me graduate, but then they all left, and I couldn't find anyone, not even my husband, as a massive amount of people milled around the front quad at the college. Finally, I went to the car and stood there crying until my husband showed up. He told me everyone had left as soon as they said my name. His mother was having a luncheon for me, so I had to come home and redo my makeup before I went over there, since I has blubbered all over myself. The luncheon was nice, though.

6. How do you procrastinate?

A. I play on the computer instead of using it for writing.

7. What is the best type of surprise?

A. The kind that doesn't scare the bejeesuz out of you.

8. List music that helps you relax.

A. I like to listen to Sheryl Crow when I am relaxing (her earlier work, not the country stuff). I also like to listen to Bread to relax.

9. Name a thing your life has in excess.

A. Clutter. I need to do some decluttering.

10. Name a book you want to read.

A. Democracy Awakening, by Heather Cox Richardson

11. Name a person you’re always happy to see.

A. My brother.

12. What time do you go to sleep?

A. Sometime after 10 p.m.

13. What word describes the past year?

A. Ok. It was an OK year.

14. What is your favorite household chore?

A. I don't mind folding the laundry.

15. What is one thing you’d like to see?

A. The Great Pyramids. I've always wanted to see them in person.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

7 comments:

  1. Oh no! Your graduation sounded traumatic! Glad it all turned out well. 40 years of marriage is a feat, in today's day and age. We are almost there ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry the graduation was a muddle! But glad it worked out OK. Sunrises and sunsets are my fav's too. We've enjoyed a few lately with all the moisture in the air. Such stunning colors. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do NOT want to see the clutter in my office. I've seen a couple videos featuring HC Richardson; she's very smart and insightful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bet I have both you and Roger beat as far as clutter goes. As for marriage, we'll be celebrating 59 years in June.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meatloaf with no tomato? Sounds like an interesting recipe. Does it have a brown gravy rather than tomato?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My meatloaf recipe doesn't have any tomato in it, either. No ketchup baked on top. No hidden shredded carrots or zucchini. It is pure meatloaf. Though I will squirt some ketchup on it after it is cooked.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love sunsets and sunrises too - even now when I have to get up early to see a nice sunrise.
    I've not seen the Pyramids either. It's on the list.
    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.